Post Number: 1
|Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 08:12 am: |
I have several school traffic concerns.
1. When will Independence from Rolater to main be widened?
2. When will a traffic signal be installed at Main and Independence?
3. When will Rolater from Coit to Independence be paved?
(Message edited by admin on August 31, 2005)
Brian Moen, Transportation Manager
Post Number: 274
|Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 08:36 pm: |
1. We are beginning to prepare construction plans for Independence south of Main. The plans would make Independence four lanes wide from Main to SH 121. We expect construction to begin in the summer 2006. Construction would be complete by the summer of 2007. This design and construction is being completed with bonds that were sold earlier this summer.
2. The traffic signal at Main and Independence is under construction. It will be completed by mid September.
3. The Coit and Rolater intersection will be built out by January 2006. This will include the eastern leg of the intersection. This eastern leg will have four lanes and will extend several hundred feet east of Coit. It will then transition down to two lanes. The remaining section of the gravel/dirt road that extends to Independence will then be paved with asphalt.