Donnie Mayfield, Chief Building Official
Post Number: 60
|Posted on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 02:57 pm: |
Permits are not required for a resident to have a Garage Sale. There are requirements for Garage Sale signage.
The following are some guidelines when placing a Garage Sale Sign.
- Garage Sales Signs may not exceed six (6) square feet in area.
- Garage Sale Signs may be placed no earlier than Thursday at 12:00 noon before the Garage Sale and must be removed by 6:00pm on the Sunday following the Garage Sale.
- Garage Sale Signs shall be located on private property ONLY with consent of the property owner. In general, a Garage Sale Sign shall not be installed closer than 10 feet from the edge of the street pavement and may not be place in street medians.
- Must be fifty (50) feet from an intersection.
- Cannot be placed on a fence, pole, tree, or railing.
- Cannot block visibility.
- May not contain any wind devices (i.e., balloon, streamers, mini-flags, etc.)
- May not be attached or painted onto a vehicle.
If you require additional information, please contact Code Enforcement at (972) 335.5580, #188.