Cristopher D. Marshall
Post Number: 5
|Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 12:33 pm: |
The Collin Co. power plant that is between 289 and tollway north of ElDorado is not currently running, and to my understanding, has been offline for several months.
1) Is this power plant even in Frisco city limits?
2) Do you know why it is not on-line?
3) Is there plans to have it either turned back on or shut down completely?
4) If it is going to be shut down, what in the world happens to the facilities in the long run?
Jason Gray, Assistant City Manager
Post Number: 124
|Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:30 am: |
To answer your questions:
1) The plant is in the Frisco City Limits.
2-3)According to TXU Energy, the Collin Plant has been "Mothballed" due to market conditions and the plant's output not being needed in the immediate future to supply the demand. That being said, TXU has said that it will continue to assess the need for the output of the plant. The plant is a relatively small, all natural gas plant, making it ideal for meeting "peak load" times, but less efficient for generating power everyday.
4) Because TXU has given no indication that they will be shutting the plant down permanently, we have not discussed with them this long-term scenario.
If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.