Backyard play equipment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Backyard play equipment « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

Greg Orleans
New member
Username: Gorleans

Post Number: 1
Registered: 06-2001
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 02:42 pm:   

Are there any City ordinances or rules that govern backyard play equipment (swing sets, slides, etc.)? I know that there are some rules for sheds, but I wasn't able to find anything about play equipment.

Thanks in advance

Donnie Mayfield, Chief Building Official
Username: Donnie_mayfield

Post Number: 70
Registered: 06-2003
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 02:16 pm:   

The City of Frisco has no ordinances or regulations governing play equipment.

Steve Covington, Asst. Chief Building Official
Username: Steve

Post Number: 1
Registered: 03-2005
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 03:14 pm:   

Swings and playground equipment are exempt from the permit requirements of the Building Code and are not addressed by the zoning ordinance. Typical swing sets, etc. are temporary in nature and have no specific requirements. Permanent type play structures or play houses which incorporate typical playground equipment would be considered accessory buildings and must meet the setback requirements for accessory buildings.

Steve O.
New member
Username: Steve_o

Post Number: 6
Registered: 10-2003
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 11:34 am:   

I know some questions have been asked about Accessory buildings and I have read the requirements for such. However I am still very confused about some things. Can you please tell me if a tool shed sold from Lowes, made of Vinyl, would be allowed in our house. Our house if 100% brick, Fence is 6' tall, there is an empty lot behind us. We don't know what is being built there. The tool shed is 7.5' tall and where do get a permit? Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message