Affordable housing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Affordable housing « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

Theresa Ann King
New member
Username: Annking

Post Number: 1
Registered: 04-2006
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 10:45 am:   

I want to relocate to Frisco to be near my daughter and small grandchildren, who recently moved there. I have a section 8 voucher which I will transfer from another jurisdiction. What agency in Frisco would help me find subsidized housing?

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 258
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 01:49 pm:   

Ms. King:

The Frisco Housing Authority would be the best organization to contact for assistance in locating affordable housing. They can be reached by phone at (972)377-3031 or through their website at

With regards to transferring your Section 8 voucher to this area. The Frisco Housing Authority does not have a Section 8 contract with HUD and therefore could not accept the transfer of your voucher. However, Plano and McKinney (two adjoining cities) do have Section 8 contracts and may be able to accept the transfer of your voucher. You can find their contact information on the Frisco Housing Authority website under “Other Affordable Housing.”

Best wishes in your relocation!

Janet Maccubbin
Downtown Coordinator/Grants Coordinator
City of Frisco
6891 Main Street
Frisco, Texas 75034
972-335-5551 x134
972-335-5559 fax

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message