Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Post Number: 321
|Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 04:32 pm: |
Thanks for your note regarding the latest status of the contruction to the Foncine Settlement neighborhood park.
Just as a point of possible interest, I would offer the following;
· Foncine Settlement Park is a 7 acre neighborhood park located at 15350 Appaloosa Drive
· The park site was acquired in 2003 from both the Frisco Heights development as well as the Stonelake development
· Master planning of the park took place in 2006 (http://www.friscotexas.gov/uploadedFiles/Departments/Parks_Recreation/Foncine_Se ttlement_Park_MP.pdf)
· Original bids for the construction of the park came in March and were higher than the original construction budget
· In an effort to gain better bids for the park, the project was re-bid in May. At that time, the project bid was more reasonable and staff took this to the City Council for approval on May 15, 2007, where it was approved
· Since that time, the contractor has been finalizing bonds, executing their contract and has begun to survey the property. It is expected that within the next week, erosion protection for the project will begin to be installed and within the next couple of weeks, initial grading should begin
· Based on this, I anticipate that the construction of the park will continue and hopefully be complete by the beginning of 2008.
Should you have any additional questions that I have not covered in my note, please feel free to let me know and we will get back to you.
Thanks again for your questions and interest.
Director of Parks and Recreation