Retaining Wall Engineering Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Retaining Wall Engineering « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

Todd Mundorff
New member
Username: Tmundorff

Post Number: 12
Registered: 01-2005
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 08:33 am:   

I am in the process of seeking a contractor to put in a retaining wall to level my backyard. Do I need any special engineering report from the City in order to build a wall about 4'6" tall?

Steve Covington, Chief Building Off
Username: Steve

Post Number: 34
Registered: 03-2005
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 11:30 am:   

Any retaining wall in excess of three in height is required to be designed by a structural engineer to make sure it will support the loads placed upon it. The City may be able to provide a geotechnical soils report to assist your contractor or engineer in the design of the retaining wall. We can also provide a grading and drainage plan to ensure that your improvements do not impact adjacent properties. Contact the Building Inspection Department at 972 292-5301 if you have any questions.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message