Curious Question Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Curious Question « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

Joseph M Tecson
New member
Username: Tecsonj

Post Number: 8
Registered: 03-2002
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:21 am:   

I’ve noticed that the new developments have large areas devoted to, I guess, water collection or water holes? Example: Queen’s Gate (on Rolater) has two and Tuscany (on Hillcrest) has one.

Is that a city code? Why?

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 67
Registered: 06-2003
Posted on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 08:48 am:   


These large areas are detention ponds that retain and then slowly release rain water that is collected within the subdivision. The dentention ponds are a city code requirement and are intended to minimize any potential flooding down stream from the subdivision.

Scott Ingalls

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message