Post Number: 2
|Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 08:25 pm: |
I live in Creekside at Preston and there has been construction for over a month at the only real exit from half the subdivision - Mockingbird / Preston.
1) For how much longer will this go on?
2) Is the asphalt poured over the ditch they dug across Mockingbid is temporary? It's terrible, uneven and ugly. My Corvette can barely get over it without scraping.
3) When will the asphalt be replaced with a real section of concrete?
Jason Brodigan, Sr. Civil Engineer
Post Number: 25
|Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 11:15 am: |
There are several projects occurring on the Preston Road corridor at this time.
1. Widening of Preston Road from 2 to 6 lanes. Mario Sinacola has begun working on this TxDOT project.
2. City of Frisco Water Line relocation project. The City is relocating a water line to avoid conflicts with the TxDOT widening project.
3. Other utility relocations. Similar to the City of Frisco relocations, other franchise utility companies such as electric, telephone, cable, and gas companies are working on relocating their facilities ahead of the TxDOT widening project.
The asphalt patch across Mockingbird was done by the City of Frisco's contractor relocating the water line. The asphalt is temporary. The patch will be repaired with concrete paving, and at some point, TxDOT will also need to do some work at the intersection.
I expect that the patch will be in place another 4 to 6 weeks. I will discuss the roughness of the patch with the contractor. He may elect to finish that patch earlier rather than maintain it.