Venting over cooking surfaces Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Venting over cooking surfaces « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

New member
Username: Robbyd

Post Number: 1
Registered: 01-2009
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 02:48 pm:   

Looking into buying a residence in Frisco. Kitchen has flat surface electric cooktop. I didn't see any venting or downdraft setup on it.

Seems like I have always seen one or the other on all past homes I have had. What are requirements in Frisco ? Is it different for gas vs electric ?

Steve Covington, Chief Building Off
Username: Steve

Post Number: 57
Registered: 03-2005
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 04:50 pm:   

The Residential Code does not require hoods for either gas or electric domestic ranges. If the residence was built under the requirements of the Green Building Ordinance, it should have an exhaust hood vented to the exterior. Contact Building Inspections if you have questions at 972 292-5301.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message