Dry Wall Code Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Dry Wall Code « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

New member
Username: Shahzada

Post Number: 1
Registered: 02-2004
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 04:33 pm:   

I would like to know if there is a requirement from city to use some sort of tape for inside corners of dry wall for new house construction.
We are getting our house built and its almost completed, But all the inside corners have hairline cracks. Could you help in this matter and also direct us where we can find more information on this.


Donnie Mayfield, Chief Building Official
Username: Donnie_mayfield

Post Number: 40
Registered: 06-2003
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 10:23 am:   

The International Residential Code does not address joint treatment. The International Building Code (2508.4) does address joint treatment for fire resistance. The City of Frisco's position is the commmon wall between the garage and living area, and the remainder of the house should be taped, bedded, and finished. Please call this office at 972-335-5580, give your address, an inspector will visit your house.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message