Construction Debris Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Construction Debris « Previous Next »

Author Message

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 08:37 pm:   

A new home is being built across from my home. It seems that there is no buyer and it is being built as a spec home. They finished the exterior and have stopped construction. They left the front yard completely torn up. They still have the orange "netting" around it; a pile of dirt, lumber, and bricks; and another stack of bricks.
Is there any sort of ordinance about leaving the yard looking like that?

Karin Herrmann, CM Fellows Program (Karinh)
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 03:38 pm:   

Once a structure is started a building permit is valid until the construction is complete. There are certain criteria that builders must follow as to lot maintenance. Please call 972.335.5580, Ext. 188 and provide the address. A Building Inspector will visit the site and make a determination.

Maher Maso
Posted on Saturday, September 28, 2002 - 11:24 am:   


Please get with Terry to see about placing this on a future City Council agenda for discussion. I can see where a problem may develop if a contractor or builder stops in the middle of a project. If we do not have an ordinance placing a time limit (or other controls) on development start-finish, we need to have this discussion. This discussion needs to include retail and commercial development.


Maher Maso
Deputy Mayor Pro Tem
City of Frisco
469-556-2631 (cell)

Donnie Mayfield
Posted on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:08 am:   

Ord.01-12-97 adopting the 2000 International Residental Code and Ord.02-02-23 adopting the International Building Code both state that permits become invalid unless the work on the site authorized by such permit is commenced within 180 days after its issuance, or if the work authorized on the site by such permit is suspended or abandoned for a period of 180 days after the time the work is commenced. The building offical is authorized to grant, in writing, one or more extensions of time, for periods of not more than 180 days. If you have further questions, please call me @ 972-335-5580 ext. 152.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message