Home based business Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Home based business « Previous Next »

Author Message

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 10:44 pm:   

I am a Creative Memories Consultant. I sometimes hand out fliers announcing crops and telling about my business. Would I need a permit to do this?

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police (Todd)
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 09:10 am:   

If you are going door-to-door in a residential district, then yes, you need a solicitor's permit. The permit application form can be filled out at the police department, 8750 McKinney Road. The same would apply in a business district if you are selling something differrent than the business itself sells. In other words, if the business is not buying your product for resale, then you need a permit.

Posted on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 08:18 am:   

Is there any regulation against attaching a flyer for a neighborhood event to the OUTSIDE of a person's mailbox? Since that is not technically door-to-door would a permit still be required?

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police (Todd)
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2002 - 09:56 am:   

I believe there are federal regulations regarding the mailbox; however, the distribution of flyers is not specific to hanging them on doors. Any style of delivery (i.e. rolling up like a newspaper and broadcasting) would be considered soliciting. If you contact your neighbors and tell them that you are wanting to put a flyer on their door for community events and they give permission, then a permit would not be required.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message