Ice Cream Trucks Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Ice Cream Trucks « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

New member
Username: Ladylove

Post Number: 1
Registered: 06-2010
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 09:13 pm:   

I have a question about how I can go about filing a complaint against an Ice Cream Truck driver in my neighborhood. Is there a way to go about doing it through the city? The driver has repeatedly used curse words and has been out-right rude to my child, as well some of the neighborhood children.

Unfortunately, when I asked to have his manager or owner of the truck's number, he said that he is the owner. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Adam Henderson, Sergeant
Username: Adam

Post Number: 17
Registered: 09-2009
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 08:42 am:   

Please feel free to contact the police department's non-emergency number at 972.292.6010 and ask that a police officer respond to speak with the ice cream truck driver regarding his behavior and language. In regard to the offensive language, officers can issue citations to individuals for language that is deemed "disorderly" in nature.

Thank you for your question.

Adam J. Henderson, Sergeant
Frisco Police Department

Susan K
New member
Username: Susank

Post Number: 1
Registered: 02-2013
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2013 - 09:43 am:   

Hello, Is it legal for an ice cream truck to park on city property (in this case in the parking lot of Frisco Commons) and sell ice cream to children? Thank you for your response.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 468
Registered: 01-2002
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 10:10 am:   


Thank you for taking the time to provide your question about mobile vendors such as ice cream trucks parking on city park sites.

Our department has a concessionaire contract with different vendors for all of our park sites having athletic facilities with concession facilities within them.

We also have a concessionaire contract for concessions provided at the Frisco Athletic Center. All of these approved vendors have exclusivity on providing concessions at those locations identified.

Additionally, our comprehensive Parks and Recreation Ordinance does not allow for the sale of goods, food, drinks, confections, merchandise or services within our parks. That would include our roadways, rights-of-way and other areas within those sites.

The only exception to this can authorized by the Parks and Recreation Director. Typically, this is done only for various city events and activities authorized at one of our park locatons.

If you see a vendor of this nature, please don't hesitate to let us know by calling our offices (972-292-6500) Monday through Friday, or contacting the Frisco Police Department at their non-emergency number (972-292-6010) and they can contact our on-call staff to address the vendor at the location.

In those cases where we become aware of mobile vendors being present, we will typically let them know that it is now allowed and if they do not leave the premises, we will contact the Police Department.

I hope that this helps address your questions. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.


Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message