Frisco Police Cars Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Frisco Police Cars « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

Tammy Porter
New member
Username: Tporter

Post Number: 1
Registered: 04-2009
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 02:35 pm:   

I was wondering what that big thing is that sits on top of some of the Frisco police cars. It kinda looks like it might be some sort of survalince camera.
Thank you

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 426
Registered: 01-2002
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 03:47 pm:   

It is called a FLIR unit. FLIR stands for Forward Looking InfraRed. It allows the operator to see things in the dark that give off heat. You have probably seen it on TV by police agency helicopters to look for lost children or suspects.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message