Water Heater Replacement Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Water Heater Replacement « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

Jim Engelskirchen
New member
Username: Jimengel

Post Number: 7
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 10:54 pm:   

We are going to have a plumber replace our water heater that was installed when our house was built in 1998. According to the plumber, building codes have changed and we will have to install a "Pan Alarm" ($60) and a "WAGS Valve" ($450). What are the rules for this type of activity and what code requirements will we have to satisfy?

Steve Covington, Chief Building Off
Username: Steve

Post Number: 60
Registered: 03-2005
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 04:48 pm:   

Water heaters are required to be installed in pan with a minimum 3/4 inch drain line terminating to the building exterior. Pan alarms and WAGS valves may be alternate methods of protection when retrofitting a drain line is not feasible, but are not required. Please contact Building Inspections at 972 292-5301 if you have questions.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message