PLEASE HELP!! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » PLEASE HELP!! « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

michele ellis
New member
Username: Chelellis

Post Number: 28
Registered: 08-2001
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 11:50 am:   

We have a house in our area (Danbury Dr) that has an eviction. It is getting in terrible shape with weeds over 4 ft tall. I have called the city and keep getting the pat answer we are following the process. Well the process is well into the 3rd month now with nothing.

Now the house has been broken into, items stolen, and there are signs of drug activities, animal feces all over... I have called the police and they went through and said it is bad but there is nothing they can do and they can not secure the house.

Our neighborhood needs help getting this mess cleaned up and it seems every avenue we try it met with some pat answer and we need help. What do we need to do to get this cleaned up and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 392
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 10:30 am:   

The property located on Danbury was vacated by the occupants. The property owner has received bids to repair the perimeter fence, abate tall vegetation and ensure the dwelling is secure. The property owner’s Property Standards Division is pending approvals to proceed with repairs and schedule regular yard maintenance to correct problems.

Code Enforcement inspected the property, erected warning signage to deter unauthorized entry by trespassers, and is conducting random inspections. The Police Department was notified to place the property on ‘directed patrol’ (drive-bys). Persons who observe trespassers may contact Police Dispatch at (972) 292-6010.

Residents may contact Code Enforcement to report additional concerns or share information regarding the property.

Sharon M. Elliott - Code Enforcement Division
t: 972.292.5370 f: 972.292.5388

Brian C
New member
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 108
Registered: 06-2003
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 06:47 am:   

I have seen this property, why wouldn't the city just cut the yard? I thought that was the case after a certain point of despair?

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 393
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 11:02 am:   

Code Enforcement is required to provide notification to an owner prior to entering onto private property to correct a violation.

Abandon properties require additional research to locate a responsible party and/or lien holder. Code Enforcement notifies the lien holder of violations and requests abatement. Many times a lien holder is unaware that a property was vacated by the occupant. Customarily, a lien holder will assess the concerns at the reported property then schedule abatement of the violations.

When proper notification is provided and problems are not corrected, Code Enforcement may abate nuisance violations and/or issue citations. If you have any questions, please contact Code Enforcement at (972) 292-5303 or via e-mail to

Sharon M. Elliott - Code Enforcement Division
t: 972.292.5370 f: 972.292.5388

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message