PET NOISE Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » PET NOISE « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Zandra Johnson
Username: Zjohnson

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 03:40 am:   

We recently moved to Frisco and we have a beagle and now, we also have a boxer pup. Our beagle is about 7 years old and will bark only when he hears noises but, his bark can be annoying. Our neighbor's husband recently lost his job and after living here since July, our dog's barking has become an issue for him. They have a small dog that they let out and when it's out, it will run up and down the fence antagonizing our beagle which he will bark along with their dog...our boxer is not much of a barker. The neighbor has come over to ask us to let our dogs in which we do but, we do let them out most part of the day since one is not house trained yet. Today, they let their dog out at 2:00 a.m. and expect our dogs to keep quiet while theirs agitate ours? My QUESTION is, what is the Frisco's pet noise ordinance? I've asked the neighbor to the other side of us if our dogs annoy them...they said no. My dogs do not bark constantly and we've even bought a muzzle for the beagle! What defines excessive when their dog usually instigates the "barking" rendition?

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 245
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 01:41 pm:   

If you will do a search on this board for barking dog, you can find out a great deal of information, as we have responded several times on this topic. I would encourage you to work this out with your neighbor to some peaceful resolution, however, if the barking is causing a disturbance, the owner of the dog thats barking would be cited for the violation. If you have additional questions, feel free to email me at trenshaw@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: