Several questions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Several questions « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Janet Bin
Username: Binbunch

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   

I actually have several questions for you all!
1) regarding the new Legacy Dr. north of Main to El Dorado. Why is the city not opening this stretch of road? And if there are no plans to open in the immediate future, why are the street lights on at night? This seems a waste of money!
2) What is the huge pit to the south of El Dorado near the new railroad overpass? It's near the new city works dept. (just being nosy)
3) And finally - what is the delay in getting Teel Pkwy lights on? The lights are working from El Dorado down to the bridge near the Trails Golf course, but from the bridge south to Main, they are not on.

Thank you so much.......

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 01:58 pm:   

Per Hulon Webb, Senior Civil Engineer:

1) Mario Sinacola is scheduled to complete the paving of the transition of Legacy Drive south of Main Street this week so that the road can be opened to traffic. As for opening to traffic, I would estimate that around the end of the month.
2) The huge pit to the south of Eldorado is the future location of 2 water storage tanks and pump station near our new Public Works facility.
3) As soon as Coserv Electric installs the necessary transformer to power the street lights, they will be turned on. That installation is to occur any day now.

Abhijit
Username: Banerjeeabhijit

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 01:03 pm:   

Curious about point # 2. Are these water storage tanks going to be below ground? Will the pile of dirt stay like that forever?

Hulon Webb, Engineer
Username: Hulon

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 03:06 pm:   

About 40' of the approximatley 60' high water storage tanks are going to be below ground. The pile of dirt you see will be used to fill in the remaining area of the huge pit once the tanks are completed.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at (972) 335-5585 ext. 127.

Thanks, Hulon

Jim Engelskirchen
Username: Jimengel

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 03:38 pm:   

I'm curious... what kind of water will be stored in these tanks... fresh water? waste water?

Thanks,
Jim

Gary Hartwell, Director of Public Works
Username: Gary

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 01:28 pm:   

Jim:

These two storage tanks will hold a total of 20 million gallons of fresh drinking water that will provide potable water to the west side of Frisco. If you have any other questions, please contact my office at 972-335-5520.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: