College Ave / Ohio Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » College Ave / Ohio « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jillian Johnson
Username: Joyce2

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 04:07 pm:   

Why did Frisco change the name of Ohio to College Avenue for the length of less than 1 mile? The street "College Avenue" doesn't even run next to the college - it comes after the college! Ohio runs the length of the town - why couldn't you keep the street name the same the entire length?

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 12:18 pm:   

The City of Frisco assigns street addresses based upon a grid system. This system is based on a north/south and east/west grid. Streets that change directions such as Ohio which change from a north/south direction to an east/west direction need to change name as this affects the addressing. The street name change generally ocurs at a street intersection for the public' convenience.

In the situation you ask about, Ohio runs in a northerly direction from S.H. 121 to where it intersects with Hillcrest, approximately 2.5 miles. At that point it stops and does not continue north. At this intersection, the street becomes an east/west street that is named College. You are correct that College only extends another mile to the east. However, the land east of the intersection of College and Coit is undeveloped. Staff anticipates that it will be extended to the east with the possibility of extending all the way to Custer Road.

I hope that this answers your questions but if you would like further information you can email me or call me at 972.335.5580, ext. 157. Thank you.

Scott Ingalls
Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message