No Soliciting signs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » No Soliciting signs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jeremy Elkins
Username: Jeremyelkins

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 07:27 am:   

Can you post the requirements/specs for the No Soliciting signs. I searched the site and counldn't find them. Also - I know you can purchase these signs - but the hours they are available don't work with my schedule and they seem to be out of stock most of the time anyway. How about the city post a PDF, Word, or HTML version so we can print them our selves.

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 211
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 09:26 am:   

City Ordinance #03-03-19 states, in part:
A person desiring that no merchant or other person engage in solicitation, a home solicitation transaction, or distribution of handbills, political handbills or religious handbills at his/her premises shall exhibit, in a conspicuous place upon or near the main entrance to the premises, a weatherproff card, not less than 3 inches by four inches in size bearing the words "No Trespassing," "No Peddlers," "No Advertisments," "No Solicitation," "No Handbills," or any similar notice indicating in any manner that the occupants of such premises do not desire to be molested or to have their right of privacy disturbed, or to have a handbill of any type left upon the premises. The letter on such cards shall not be less than 2/3rds of an inch in height.

The signs that you describe are available from the Frisco Neighborhood Watch. I inquired about them and got the below response.

The ones produced by FNW are on 3M reflective and waterproof material and mounted on a custom made aluminum backing with a post.

If the person will e-mail me I will make arrangements for them to get a sign after hours. We regret the fact that we are having trouble keeping the signs in stock and are working on a solution but the people that have them have noticed a marked decrease in solicitors and hand bills and are telling their friends and neighbors about it.
Feel free to email them at
info@frisconeighborhoodwatch.com

k.e.m.
Username: Kem

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 04:37 pm:   

I have purchased one of the signs that Chief Renshaw describes from FNW and placed it in a visible location near my front door. It has significantly reduced the number of handbills on my front door. But, what can I do about the people that are still leaving handbills on my door? I have tried calling the businesses that are responsible but in most cases they do not seem too concerned. Does this ordinance have any "teeth"?

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 222
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 09:20 am:   

Please email Sgt. Gina McFarlin with the name of the distributing/advertising company. She will contact the company and remind them of the ordinance. The difficulty in enforcing the ordinance is that we must catch the person actually hanging the flyer on the door. We have tried to determine a way to file charges against the company, but the responsibility falls on the person actually hanging the flyer in violation of the ordinance. To prosecute the company would be equivalent to prosecuting a business for a delivery driver that is speeding.

Sgt. McFarlin's email is gmcfarlin@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: