Intersection at DNT and El Dorado Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Intersection at DNT and El Dorado « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Mickie Norwood
Username: Mickie

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 10:33 am:   

Please provide an update on the intersection of DNT and El Dorado. What are the plans for expanding the eastbound El Dorado portion of the intersection to 3 lanes (1 left turn only, 1 straight only, and 1 right only)?

On a frequent basis, impatient individuals that wish to go straight through the intersection will use the left-only lane as a go-straight lane. This tends to really only be an issue with the eastbound morning traffic backing up on El Dorado.

This morning, a white truck several cars behind me chose to use this method and almost sideswiped me and my 2-year old daughter as we legally went straight through the intersection after waiting our turn behind all those turning right. How do I contact the police to report this kind of activity? (I did capture the license plate number.)

Also, what are the possibilities for increasing the amount of traffic enforcement at that intersection in the mornings?

Thank you.

Brian Moen, Transportation Manager
Username: Brian

Post Number: 198
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 07:37 pm:   

Mickie,

The police department will be doing a directed patrol at this intersection.

At this time, there are no plans to make improvements in the short term. We have considered some striping modifications on the existing pavement. We have not put them in place for two reasons. Based on the pavement available, the right-turn lane storage would be inadequate and wouldn't alleviate the problem since the right-turn volume is so significant. The second and most important reason is that the upcoming construction of the DNT extension will eliminate any work that we would do. There will be several phases of construction at this intersection while the construction of the southbound service roads, the DNT overpass, and the expansion of Eldorado between the service roads is completed.

I do not have a definitive date from NTTA on when this section of the DNT extension will be out for bids. It is expected to happen late this year or very early in 2005. Once the bid is awarded, construction should begin within 60 to 90 days.

The plans for the widening of Eldorado (FM 2934) from FM 423 to DNT will be complete next spring. These plans do include additional lanes on Eldorado on the west side of this intersection. The funding timeline from TxDOT for this project is uncertain at this time. We continue to search for alternative funding mechanisms that will allow for the construction of Eldorado to begin shortly after design is completed next spring.

Thanks
Brian Moen
Transportation Manager

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: