Post Number: 2
|Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 03:55 pm: |
I am interested to know if there is any possibility of additional post offices for the city? Especially on the far west side. It seems that with the continued growth, one post office is not enough?
Amy Gill, Assistant to the City Manager
Post Number: 78
|Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 08:42 am: |
Your concern is shared by many in Frisco, and the following is a brief summary of the efforts that have been made over the past several years to bring another post office to Frisco, along with the currrent status.
• Frisco Customer Advisory Council (CAC) established in 2001 to increase understanding of Post Service, processes and improve communications.
• CAC disbanded in June 2002 – No Plans for additional Post Office at that time
Contract Postal Units being reviewed by USPS in 2002
• Mayor receives continued complaints on service in 2002 & 2003
• Letters to USPS by Mayor Simpson requesting meetings, criteria for additional Post office-Meetings with USPS Regional Operations in November 2003
• Contract Postal Unit on Legacy Drive added in late 2003
• New Post Master appointed, processes changed- continuing meeting with mayor
• Frisco one of 15 requested units to USPS in 2003- all denied but two
• Letter from Mayor to USPS Board of Governors and Post Master – May 2004 showed population growth, demographics and business expansion.
• Response from USPS June 21- Frisco meets all qualifications for additional PO and being submitted for 2005 ( Oct. 2004-Sept. 2005)