Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Post Number: 88
|Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:04 am: |
Thanks for your note regarding the playground system at the Frisco Commons park site.
The reason for the playground closure is that the entire park site (62 +/- acres) is under construction. Dean Construction, Inc. has been working since October on the development of the park. Included in this 10 month project are the following park elements:
* Parking area;
* Large Picnic Pavilion;
* Restroom and small eating pavilion area;
* Veteran's Memorial area;
* Approximately 2.0 miles of concrete trail;
* Development of a 4 acre pond;
* Construction of an outdoor amphitheater;
* Bench seating throughout the trail area;
* Automated irrigation for large area of park
Work is expected to continue for the next 6-7 months and will likely be completed by June 2004.
Should you have any additional questions regarding the development of Frisco Commons or any other park site in the city, please let me or our staff know.
Director of Parks and Recreation
(972) 335-5517 ext. 551