Backup at Southbound Dallas Parkway a... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Backup at Southbound Dallas Parkway at Stonebrook in the morning? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Rebecca A
Username: Texbex

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 11:21 am:   

Driving southbound on the Parkway this morning - September 3, there was a backup at Stonebrook around 9:15 am. There didn't appear to be a reason, but there were construction/city vehicles there, and a lot of spray painted and tagged spots on the sides of the road. Is construction starting here? Will this become a normal point of backed up traffic?

Brian Moen, Traffic Engineer
Username: Brian

Post Number: 117
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 04:13 pm:   

I will check with our Public Works department, but I suspect what you were seeing is the surveying crews who are working for engineering companies that are designing the extension of the Dallas North Tollway. There has been a significant amount of surveying activity over the past several weeks from Gaylord to the Eldorado area along Dallas Parkway.

We will check the area for backups around that time. I know that trains can have a significant impact on this location especially if you arrive just after one has cleared Dallas Parkway. After a train, it may take this location about 10 to 15 minutes to recover and get back to normal.

Brian Moen
Traffic Engineer

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message