Missing Sidewalk Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Missing Sidewalk « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Beth Woodruff
Username: Beth

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 10:42 am:   

The sidewalk along Shamrock that joins Heritage Green and Stewart Creek subdivisions has a missing section. Since the builders for each of these lots have long since left who is responsible for completing the sidewalk?

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 04:15 pm:   

Thank you for your inquiry about the sidewalk along Shamrock. I am going to check our records and visit the site and will provide a response tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

Scott Ingalls
Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Karin Herrmann, CM Fellows Program
Username: Karinh

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 10:28 am:   

Beth,
Builders are responsible for installing sidewalks in the right of way adjacent to the lots on which they build. The builder of the home at the corner of Wicklow and Shamrock stopped the sidewalk short of the rear property line. This builder will be contacted regarding completion of the missing section.

Steve Covington
972-335-5580 x153
scovington@ci.frisco.tx.us

Matt
Username: Mattmcghee

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 01:56 pm:   

This reminds me of a question I wanted to ask. I've noticed that a sidewalk has been built along Custer Rd. covering the length of the Custer Creek subdivision. How was this funded? Was it the HOA? Or was it city funded?

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 09:32 am:   

Matt,

The sidewalk along Custer Road that you asked about was installed by the City of Frisco as part of a 24 inch water line installation project. Thanks for your question.

Scott Ingalls
Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Matt
Username: Mattmcghee

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 06:09 pm:   

What was the incremental cost of the sidewalk over and above the utility improvements? I don't see why these two projects would be coupled together. That sidewalk is a dead-end both ways, and there are no sidewalks within the subdivision either, so what is the point and why spend the extra money? There are many other places within the city where sidewalks are needed. Does it have anything to do with the number of city officials living in that subdivision?

Karin Herrmann, CM Fellows Program
Username: Karinh

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 01:50 pm:   

The two projects were link together due to the City wanting to resolve all the problems at once. The area in question was to be disturbed with the water line and then again at some point with the construction of a sidewalk. By combining the projects the residents and traffic on Custer Road were disrupted only once and the landscaping was replaced only once. The sidewalk construction cost is based on a quantity cost is $20.00 Square Yard. Although the area does not link to other sidewalks to the north or south, sidewalks will be required as both of the adjacent properties develop. The existing subdivision was developed prior to sidewalks being a mandatory construction item. The City would ultimately be required to construct the sidewalk to fill a missing gap if left until adjacent properties develop. The cost savings inconvenience for adjacent properties, and disruption of the landscape for the area were the major contributors constructing the sidewalk with the water line.

If you have additional question or would like additional details on the construction project, please contact me at snorris@ci.frisco.tx.us or 972-335-5555 x129.

Scott Norris
CIP Manager
City of Frisco

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: