Paving Ohio Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Paving Ohio « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Sandy Ross
Username: Frisco_resident

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 04:25 pm:   

Please let me know when you will be paving between Ohio St. and Wade Blvd. I have not been able to locate this information.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 07:13 am:   

Which engineers were selected for each of the Bond roadway projects for this year?

Scott Norris CIP Manager
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 01:40 pm:   

Rlk Engineering located in Allen Tx. was selected to design the portion of Ohio between Wade Blvd. and Lebanon Road. The plans are 95% complete at this point, 100% plans are expected to be turned in the first week of July. The timing of the construction will be included with the first group of bond funded projects starting late summer early fall of 2003.

(Message edited by todd on June 11, 2003)

Cissy Sylo, Director of Engineering Serv
Username: C_sylo

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 02:55 pm:   

Warren Parkway from the DNT To Legacy design is being done by Spiars Engineering.

Legacy Road from Stonebriar to Warren Parkway is being designed by Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Ohio Drive from Lebanon to Wade is being designed by RLK Engineers.

Ohio Drive from Lebanon to Prestmont is being designed by Jones & Boyd.

SH 289/Preston Rd Landscaping Project from SH 121 to Main is being designed by Kendall Landscape Architects.

Main Street from DNT to the BNSF RR was designed by Hunter & Associates.

Main Street from the BNSF Railroad to Spur 33 is also being designed by Hunter & Associates.

Main Street from Spur 33 to Preston/SH 289 is also being designed by Hunter & Associates.

Frisco Street from Main Street to Sinacola Park is being designed by Halff Associates.

Teel Road from Highsholes to Timber Ridge is being designed by Weir & Associates.

Teel Road from Main to Eldorado is being designed by HDR.

The Eldorado Overpass from North County to Frisco Road was designed by Hunter and the contract should be awarded at the June 17th City Council meeting.

Lebanon Road from Whitefish Lake Drive to Palmetto Drive is being designed by RLK.

Eldorado from Frisco Heights to Coit Road is being designed by Hunter & Associates.

Meadow Lane from McKinney to Main Street is being designed by Cates Associates.

Dogwood Street from McKinney to Main Street is also being designed by Cates Associates.

Preston Trace & Sunset from Preston to Sunset is being designed by Tipton Engineers.

Fourth Street (FISD) from Maple to Middle School is being designed by Thompson/Roberts.

First Street from Ash to Main is being designed by Hunter & Associates.

Seventh Street from Hickory to Main is also being designed by Hunter & Associates.

Elm Street from Seventh to S. County is being designed by Hunter & Associates.

Ash from Seventh to S. Country is also being designed by Hunter & Associates.

SH 289/Preston Road from Main Street to US 380 is being designed by the Texas Department of Transportation.

I hope this answers your questions. If you need additional information regarding the projects, please feel free to contact me directly at 972-335-5580 x107 or Scott Norris at 972-335-5555 x129.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 07:10 am:   

At the pre-submittal meeting for the Bond projects last year, Hunter and Associates was introduced by City staff as part of the RFQ evaluation team. How can the City justify awarding projects to part of the evaluation team? Is this normal practice?

Cissy Sylo, Director of Engineering Serv
Username: C_sylo

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 06:21 pm:   

Although I was not employeed at the City of Frisco during this time, it is my understanding that the specific projects posted in the RFP were not given to Hunter and Associates with the exception of Eldorado Parkway.

Hunter and Associates had specific surveying and utility design on-going for this segment of roadway and therefore was asked to perform the roadway design also. Hunter and Associates was selected for all of the other projects that were listed in my earlier e-mail prior to specific RFP selection process you listed.

I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have specific concerns regarding the previous RFP process or suggestions for future engineering services selection criteria. I am open to your comments to ensure the best qualified firms are hired for each of Frisco's projects that the Engineering Services Department will manage.

Cissy Sylo
Director of Engineering Services
972.335.5580 x107

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 07:24 am:   

Do you not find it a little strange that a firm who is introduced as part of the evaluation team is also awarded the largest of the projects listed with the Bond program? You stated Hunter and Associates only received one of the bond projects, being awarded 1 of 7 projects isn't minor, is it? It seems the City awards several projects to Hunter and Associates while other firms are qualified to perform the design, why give the largest project to a member of the evaluation team?

Karin Herrmann, CM Fellows Program
Username: Karinh

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:49 am:   

Engineer selection of projects wasn't based on the dollar amount of the project. The selection of the engineering firms was based on qualifications, relvent experience, etc. Then project selection for a firm was based on the City's determination if an engineering firm had some specific knowledge about a project, and / or if the City thought there was a match between a firm and that project.

A. Scott Young
Assistant City Manager
972-335-5551 x120
syoung@ci.frisco.tx.us

Frisco Resident

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 01:17 pm:   

Any update on the paving of Ohio between Lebannon and Wade? Nothing has been started yet.

Frank Jaromin, City Engineer
Username: Frank_jaromin

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:41 am:   

The engineering drawings will be compete mid October and anticipate to open bids mid November with construction to follow in 1 to 2 months.

Frisco Resident

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 03:25 pm:   

On June 11 we were told that RLK engineers had the plans 95% complete- and they were expected to be 100% first week July. Construction was to start late summer, early fall- why the delay- and why is it now subject to open bids?

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 06:29 pm:   

The City is required to publicly bid our road projects. During this project the down stream storm water capacity was checked and found further improvements were required to maintain a safe and effective system. The Delay was caused by some very early development in the City but we have it resolved.

If further information is required please contact me at 972-335-5580 ext 156.
Frank Jaromin
City Engineer

Frisco Resident

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 08:14 am:   

When do you anticipate construction to begin- should be any day now by your last estimate.

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 05:51 pm:   

The bid opening for Ohio is now scheduled for December 11. I will try to have this on the first meeting in January 04. Construction should start in 30- 45 days after.

If further information is required please contact me at 972-335-5580 ext 156.
Frank Jaromin
City Engineer

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: