Newman Road Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Archive » Newman Road « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 02:19 pm:   

On the Frisco website, there's a press release about the closure of Newman Road because of construction of the Albertson's shopping center. When this road re-opens, will it be paved? From the press release, I can't tell if any improvements are being made to Newman Rd.

Also, will 423 or Main street be improved by the developer of the Albertsons shopping center? I know that Main St. is already a divided road at the intersection, but is closed because 423 is not improved.

fjaromin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 04:24 pm:   

I am sorry about not getting to this message in a timely manner. Newman Road will be paved from FM 423 to the subdivision to the east. No work will be done to Main Street at this time, however the City is working with Denton County to improve the intersection of Main and FM 423. We will add a northbound right turn lane to go east (a free right) and left turn lanes on the remaining legs. I do not have a time line as of this day due to interlocal agreements with Denton County, but the drawings are completed and only require a TxDot permit.

(Message edited by todd on May 08, 2003)

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 03:33 pm:   

Can you verify what amount of street will be paved? I drove by this weekend, and it looks like it's only being paved half way to the subdivision.

fjaromin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 09:39 am:   

Yes you are correct. The original agreement with the property owner to the south was if any of the ROW was used the entire road way was to be installed. Since then the agreement has changed and our requirements don not require them to construct the street past the location it currently is at.

Thank you,
Frank Jaromin
City Engineer

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 11:52 am:   

Is the remaining stretch of Newman under construction? The first section (from 423, behind the Albertsons) was just opened up last week, but when I tried to drive it this morning, the section from there to the subdivision was staked out and being surveyed.

Frank Jaromin, City Engineer
Username: Frank_jaromin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 04:26 pm:   

Newman Road Phase II is going in with Lake Crossing Addition. It is being installed by a separate paving contractor then the one who did Lake Crossing. The Contractor is requesting to have a Precon but I do not know the schedule for completion

Frank Jaromin
City Engineer

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: