Street parking against the flow of tr... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Street parking against the flow of traffic « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Neil D
Username: Neil_d

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 03:40 pm:   

Obviously parking along the street in Frisco is extremely common, not illegal, and a major annoyance in most neighborhoods... but is there any city law which dictates that you can only park with the flow of traffic?

It's almost a weekly occurrence that I have to avoid someone parked the 'wrong way' pulling across the street in front of me.

If there is a law against it, it seems like the city is missing out on a great money making opportunity! And if there isn't a law, there definitely should be!

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 321
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 06:55 am:   

Parking facing traffic is a violation of state law. The right wheels must be next to the curb, not the left. Officers have the ability to cite vehicles. They typically spend the bulk of their time enforcing moving violations which tend to cause more accidents.

kat graham
Username: Kat_graham

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 05:06 pm:   

I have lived in other cities where there was an ordinance that prohibited cars from parking on the street between the hours of 2am and 6am. This basically allowed parking during the day, but at night everyone had to park in their garage or on their driveway. Has Frisco ever considered this?

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 323
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 09:58 am:   

I am not aware of the city council considering such an ordinance. With the number of multiple vehicle families in Frisco, I think that would be unpopular.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: