Quarry Limestone Park Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Quarry Limestone Park « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

John Reyes
Username: Los_reyes

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 03:42 pm:   

When will the trees be planted and basketball goals installed at this neighborhood park?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 256
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 11:18 am:   

John,

Thanks for your note regarding the Limestone Quarry neighborhood park.

We postponed the tree planting until this fall. We felt this was best due to the temperatures and drought condition that were present when the grass was planted.

The trees will be dug after the first good frost and planted several weeks after that. It should be late November or early December.

The Goals should be installed at any time. Please be sure to let me know if you should have any questions.

Thanks,

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent
972-335-5517
draymond@friscotexas.gov

wayne woodward
Username: W2julie

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 11:21 am:   

why is the Quarry park all rolling terrian? Why could there not have been some area set up for baseball/soccer practice fields? This park adjacent to elementary school should have areas for children to play. There is no open flat grass in this park.

Post Number: 264
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 05:44 pm:   

Dear Wayne,

Thanks for your note regarding the Limestone Quarry neighborhood park. There is a large area between the parking lot and the center area that has an approximate slope of 1.25 %. The school does have several large flat areas for the children to play.

In addition, there are several areas on the south and I believe on the east side of the school that are flat and allow the children use of these areas for outside play. There are also other areas along the creek that are flat which helps to meet the need of the residents of the area.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and Capital Projects Superintendent
972-292-6500
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Hunters Creek resident
Username: Tlheldman

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   

I was involved in the planning meetings for Limestone Quarry park. The "open spaces" were supposed to be flat areas. Why was that changed?

As for the large area you spoke of in your last post, do you mean the area near the basketball and the Isbell Elementary parking? That area is not large and could not be used for the types of activities that were discussed during the planning sessions with the public.

Post Number: 287
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 03:46 pm:   

Hunters Creek Resident,

Thanks for your note. In regard to your question about flat areas of the park, I would tell you that there are several “flat” areas in the park.

The first being an area on the other side of the parking lot. It is not completely level but more than suitable for a number of activities. Another area within the park can be found below the playground.

I can also say that during the construction of the park there was significantly more rock than would have been reasonably anticipated.

Due to this a berm was constructed on the north side of the park.

If you have an interest, I would be more than willing to sit down and help explain this process to you in more detail.

Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent
972-292-6500
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: