Dogs in Kiddie Park Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Dogs in Kiddie Park « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Abraham Slokovitz
Username: Mellocee

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 09:58 am:   

I would like to know what can be done about residents bringing their dogs to the parks and having them run around unleashed? Specifically, at the JR Norman park, and the newly constructed kiddie Korral. I take my kids there and every Sunday individuals have their dogs off the leash. This is dangerous and also scary for my toddlers.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 252
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 03:53 pm:   

Mr. Slokovitz,

Thank you for your note regarding the J.R. Newman neighborhood park site. In actuality, the park is still under construction and not yet accepted by the City or open to residents for use. We will contact the contractor to let them know of this activity so that they can take measures to address it.

Having said that, all dogs are only allowed in parks when leashed. As the park is completed, we will be installing such signs informing residents of this restriction.

Once the park is open to the public contact with our office or the Police Department can take place to enforce that restriction.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message