Which ways to turn? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Which ways to turn? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Michael M.
Username: Delphiman

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 03:42 pm:   

I notice that if I driving Eastbound on Main street toward Dallas North Toll way to go South on the toll way, there are two right turn lanes.

My question is that, if the person drving the inner lane when he or she turns right to go south on Dallas toll way, does she or he has to keep on the right lane? Can she or he goon the outside lane legally?

Please look at the picture for more understanding.

The reason I raise this question is that I almost got hit by a car was driving in the inner lane, then when it turned, it turned on the left lane of the toll way and I was on the middle lane

picture

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 310
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 03:49 pm:   

You are correct. The right hand lane would stay in the right hand lane and the second turn lane would stay in the corresponding lane. Another point to consider: Only the vehicle in the right hand lane can legally turn right on red. The second lane must wait until the light turns to proceed.

Username: Mmhabib

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 09:19 am:   

Am I incorrect, but the striping at the intersection shows the right lane has the choice of the two right lanes, and the left lane should go to the far left lane (which ends very shortly). This striping was put in months ago, and while extremely faded, still exists. If this is not the case, can we have the intersection re-striped properly.

Doug
Username: Doug

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 05:35 pm:   

Todd,
You told me it was legal for both lanes to turn right on red here: http://qanda.ci.frisco.tx.us/discus/messages/4141/4722.html?1110581744. Has something changed?

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 311
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 11:22 am:   

Doug,

I was incorrect. I apologize for the error.

Todd

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: