Waterin Frisco Streets Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Waterin Frisco Streets « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Diane Sorenson
Username: Dedep

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 11:39 am:   

I work in the evenings and have noticed that at about 11;30 pm the City of Frisco is watering the street between Gaylord and Warren on the Tollroad access street. The city should check its own backyard before imposing greater restrictions on the rest of us.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 244
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 05:15 pm:   

Diane,

Thanks for your note regarding watering that is taking place in the Frisco Bridges area along the Tollway.

Actually, the City of Frisco does not maintain this area of the city and the irrigation system is handled privately through the Frisco Bridges Association. This is also the case for streets near the mall such as Gaylord Parkway, Parkwood Drive, and Warren Parkway.

Their water system utilizes a well system and does not utilize the City's water system.

If you still have questions about this, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Diane Sorenson
Username: Dedep

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 11:12 am:   

I live on a one acre lot. Are their any restrictions for me drilling a well in my own back yard?

frisco resident
Username: Redneckgirl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 08:44 pm:   

What can be done about the City watering the greenbelt/park between Canoe/Sundeck/Shepherd Hills just east and north of Gunstream Elem? I have expressed my concern to the number listed on the Stage 3 signs, but this area has been watered sometimes multiple times a day every day since May or June. Sometimes it is watered so much there is a lake in the middle of the greenbelt!

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 246
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 09:25 am:   

Frisco resident,

Thanks for your note about what I believe is the Shepherds Glen neighborhood park. The watering that you have witnessed along the park and greenbelt area have all been a part of the construction of the Shepherds Glen neighborhood park site. The contractor was establishing grass in various areas throughout the summer.

During the summer, the contractor has been watering in order to establish grass throughout this park.

The contractor is nearing the completion of this project and the watering that you have seen should be concluding shortly.

Should you have any additional questions, please let me or our staff know.

Thank you,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Brian C
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 06:45 pm:   

The apartments east of Lebaonon/Planation Lane water twice a day, almost every day.

What are the current water shutoff statistics?
Homeowner warnings:
Homeowner fines:

Business warnings:
Business fines:

Gary Hartwell, Director of Public Works
Username: Gary

Post Number: 169
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 03:27 pm:   

Brian:

We will add these apartments to our watch list. If you have a time of day, that would be helpful. We do not distinguish betweeen water user types. We have turned off over 4,500 sprinkler systems since we began enforcement on June 1st. Fines are associated with citations. We do not issue citations, but charge a reconnection fee of $25 per violation that is added to the water bill. Thanks for your inquiry.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: