Parkwood at Ikea Dr. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Parkwood at Ikea Dr. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Username: Jimr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 08:17 pm:   

I have a question. Can signage be put up at the Ikea Dr. intersection with Parkwood, indicating which lanes are for what? Traffic turns left (North) onto Parkwood during afternoon rush hour from seemingly all three lanes of Ikea Dr. and I've seen more than one near accident caused by this. It seems to be worse during Rough Rider home games.

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 299
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 08:34 am:   

I looked at your concern and agree with you. There are three approach lanes and no indication of whether drivers can turn or go straight out of each lane.

I will ask our Public Works department to install an R3-8b sign in advance of the intersection. This is a black and white sign showing separate left, thru and right arrows with the message ONLY for each lane. This sign will clearly indicate to drivers whether they can turn or go straight out of each lane.

Thank-you for bringing this concern to our attention.

John Black
Sr. Traffic Engineer

Bobby Sokhanvar
Username: Big_bobby

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 07:24 pm:   

why not put up a traffic signal aswell?

that intersection really needs one during the rush hour period because thats a alternative route from dallas parkway to gaylord or warren.

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 300
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 04:45 pm:   

The congestion at Gaylord and Dallas Parkway that is causing people to take this an alternate route will be greatly reduced when the DNT extension from SH 121 to US 380 is opened in September 2007. The Parkwood and SH 121 intersection will also be fully reopened to traffic by Spring 2007 if not sooner. With the completion of both of these improvements, we expect the congestion at Parkwood and IKEA Drive during the PM peak hour to be reduced significantly.

We will be constructing a traffic signal just north of this intersection at John Q. Hammonds and Parkwood. This signal should be operational by Thanksgiving time.

Brian Moen
Transportation Manager

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message