Traffic Law Question Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Traffic Law Question « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

E. Kyle Steinhauser
Username: Ekyle

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 10:48 am:   

What is the correct and legal way to make a left-hand turn crossing a divided street - specifically, where should one cross the median: on the right or left side? If one has to stop in the divided median, should one remain on the right side of the right-of-way (in the median)? Often I see people when making a left across a divided right-of-way cross the median and wait for the far side to clear from the left side of the median. Is this correct or should one make the left turn from the right side of the median? Could you view my beautiful attachment! :-) Is route 1 or 2 correct? Thanks.Roadcross Drawing

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 298
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 07:56 am:   

Number one would be the appropriate path to take when going through an intersection that you depict.

(Message edited by todd on July 06, 2006)

Richard Cruz
Username: Cruz280

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 02:34 pm:   

But isn't it true that you should not start the turn unless you can complete it fully? I believe the poster is asking what is the correct way to dive out to the middle and wait until the coast is clear to complete the turn (he says: "If one has to stop in the divided median..."). I have noticed the unofficial past time of Frisco residents is to see how many vehicles they can pack in the median waiting to complete a left turn (three is not uncommon), where I was always taught that you do not even begin the turn unless you can successfully merge into traffic and finish the turn. It may not be illegal, but it is dangerous and counter-productive to traffic flow.

Post Number: 300
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   

Traffic Law conflicts on this. In one place it says that the movement should be done all at once, however another section allows someone to stop to avoid a collision. We recommend not going halfway through an intersection.

Clarissa Jean Draper
Username: Goldenstar

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 03:32 pm:   

There are some intersections out of residential areas that it is not possible to do the entire turn at one time because of timing of the signal lights on either side of the intersection. How should drivers approach and clear the median area in these casess?

Post Number: 305
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 05:33 pm:   

If the movement cannot be done safely, we recommend turning right and then turning around at a location that it is safe to do so.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: