City mandated fencing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » City mandated fencing « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Brian D.
Username: Brian_d

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 01:54 pm:   

I have been trying to get HOA approval to put in a higher fence in my backyard (I want 8ft board on board instead of my 4 foot board on board with 2 feet of lattice). The HOA has claimed that the city of Frisco has mandated our fencing.

The HOA claims my new planned fence "would result in a violation of City Ordinance according to the City's Planned Development Standards for Griffin Parc, phase 2". Is this true? And if so, what would be the process for trying to get this changed or a variance granted?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 243
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 02:43 pm:   

Brian,

Griffin Parc, Phase 2 is part of a larger Planned Development. Specific development standards were adopted for this planned development, PD-155. One of the standards is that fences in rear yards are limited to a maximum of 6 feet in height with two feet of lattice above 4 feet of boards. Planned development standards are in fact zoning standards and residents are required to comply with these standards. If someone does not comply with the standards they are in fact violating the zoning for this development.

Changing the standards requires that the PD be amended. This requires that all property owners in the PD request that the standards be amended and is treated as a zoning change in terms of public hearing notices and public hearings before the Planning & Zoning Commission and the City Council. A variance is not applicable in this specific situation. If you have any additional questions please feel free to email or call me at 972.335.5580, ext. 157.

Scott Ingalls
Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Brian D.
Username: Brian_d

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 05:00 pm:   

Just for further clarification, are metal poles allowed in Griffin Parc phase 2 (as opposed to the wooden poles)? There seems to be some confusion. Thank you.

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 260
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 12:29 pm:   

Brian,

The Planned Development standards do not indicate what type of pole must be used for the fence. For that reason, metal or wood poles would be acceptable for the City of Frisco. There may be private restrictions that address your question so you may want to review those requirements. I hope this information is helpful.

Scott Ingalls
Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: