Poorly kept lawns at houses owned by ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Poorly kept lawns at houses owned by realty companies « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Toni Slavonic
Username: Zeta

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 02:42 pm:   

There are houses in my neighborhood that are owned by realty companies and the yards are very poorly kept. It has taken repeated letters from the HOA and also some from the city to get these lawns mown and they are pretty much covered with weeds rather than grass. How can we remedy this situation. I don't think we should have to write the HOA and city every time the weeds need to be mowed down and I would also like them to have grass and not weeds.

Thanks

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 262
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 03:49 pm:   

Code Enforcement inspects nuisance complaints. Nuisance Ordinance #01-09-62 provides resolution when a property has a repeat offense, including tall vegetation concerns.

Code Enforcement provides the State’s minimum standards at properties with nuisance violations. To report a nuisance ordinance violation, residents are encouraged to contact their homeowners’ association and call Code Enforcement at (972) 335.5580, #188 or via e-mail to code@friscotexas.gov In a cooperative effort, the management company and Code Enforcement will attempt to remedy repeat problems. This includes the issuance of citations not to exceed $2,000. Each continuing day’s violation constitutes a separate offense.

Sharon M. Elliott
Code Enforcement Division
Office (972) 335.5580, #188
Facsimile (972) 335.5579

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: