Natatorium? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Natatorium? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jillian Johnson
Username: Joyce2

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 02:11 pm:   

Are there any current plans for the building of a Natatorium in Frisco? I vaguely remember hearing about a proposal for one a year ago or so. If there is one, will it be similar to the one in Allen?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 198
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 07:17 pm:   

Thanks for your note regarding any plans for a natatorium in Frisco.

At this point in time, there are two public indoor swimming pools in Frisco. One is located at the Alumni Hall Fitness Center, located at the Preston Ridge campus of the Collin County Community College District. This indoor pool is actually a twenty five yard, six lane facility constructed as a part of the Fitness Center in 1998.

The second indoor swimming pool is the Frisco Independent School District Natatorium located along North County Road. This 50 yard multi-lane pool is owned and operated by the FISD.

The City of Frisco is currently constructing an indoor and outdoor aquatic center as a part of the overall Recreation and Aquatic Center at this time. This facility is located along Nancy Jane Lane, which is near the southeastern corner of Preston Road and Wade Boulevard.

The indoor portion of the 20,000 square foot aquatic center will have a four lane, twenty-five yard lap pool along with current channel and vortex element, elevated water slide, zero depth childrens water playground, and therapy pool. The indoor aquatic center will also have two party rooms, and have direct access to dressing rooms, showers, family changing rooms, and dry sauna.

The outdoor aquatic center will be approximately 20,000 square feet in size and will include water slides, zero depth entry childrens play area, lazy river, lagoon pool with slides, pavilions and access to restrooms.

Totaled together, the Indoor recreation and Aquatic Center will total 100,000 square feet in size along with the 20,000 outdoor aquatic center facility. Elements of the indoor recreation center will include a 22,000 fitness area, three large multi-purpose dance and aerobics studio, teen room and game room, concession area looking onto the indoor aquatic center, two full size gymnasiums, two racketball courts, large childrens stay area (6,000 + square feet), and changing areas and dressing rooms mentioned above.

Construction will continue to take place for approximately 12 more months and should be open to the public in the first quarter of 2007.

For more information regarding any of these facilities, please feel free to let me or our staff know.

Thanks for your questions and interest.

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation

Bryan Y
Username: Bryan

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:39 am:   

Regarding the upcoming Frisco Aquatic Center, what will the admission policy be? Will there be a daily fee or monthly membership?

Post Number: 200
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 01:09 am:   

Thank you for your interest in Frisco’s new Recreation & Aquatic Center. Staff is currently conducting a comprehensive business plan that will identify numerous operating factors for the facility. Included in this plan will be a recommended pricing structure and membership options for the facility. This plan is expected to be completed within the next 30 – 45 days.

To answer your specific question, I would envision that several options will exist including daily, monthly and annual passes. Please contact me directly should you have further questions.

Steve Walsh
Park Facilities & Operations Superintendent

Andrea Gianas
Username: Agianas

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 09:07 pm:   

My husband and I moved to Frisco in September. One of the first things I did was check out the deep water aerobics programs. I am very pleased with the availability of classes and the quality of instruction offered but I have heard rumors that there are changes being considered. Can you tell me what changes are being made? We're looking forward to the opening of the new facility.

Post Number: 205
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 04:32 pm:   

Thank you for your inquiry about new changes coming to our aquatic programs. In fact, the City of Frisco will be offering many new exciting classes at the new Recreation and Aquatic Center. We have been gathering input from current water aerobics participants to find out what times and types of classes should be considered for the new center.

We will continue to uphold the high standard of instruction and availability of classes at all of our facilities. If you would like to contribute your input, please let me know or feel free to go by the Alumni Hall Fitness Center and see one of our Recreation Division Staff at the center. They will be happy to provide a survey for you to fill out.

Thank you for your time and have a great weekend.

Stephanie Darimont
Aquatics Programmer
972-335-5517 ext. 510

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message