Landscaping Mix offered by City? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Landscaping Mix offered by City? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Username: Db2006

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 08:39 pm:   

Is there a better way to purchase landscaping mix for planting, rather than buying bags and bags at the local Lowes or Nursery (which is costly)? I need a couple of truck loads. Does the city sell it by the (pick up)truck load? Someone in Plano was able to get it, at a reasonable price, through the City of Plano, but I was hoping to find it closer.. Thanks!

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 250
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 04:20 pm:   

The city does not sell landscaping materials. All the yard waste from our residential collection program goes to a regional composting facility. The City of Plano is under contract to operate this facility and the compost generated as a result of this process is called Plano Pure. Large quantities of this product are available for purchase at the Custer Road Facility, 9901 Custer Road, Plano. 972-941-7975. More information about Plano Pure Products and pricing can be found at Delivery is available.

If you are interested in colored wood mulch, this can be purchased in bulk at a reasonable price from Consolidated Recycling Services, 1629 Parker Road, Carrollton, 214-553-5300. The mulch from this facility is made from wood collected and recycled from Frisco’s green building sites.

Both of these mixes are by products of a Frisco recycling program your purchase of these materials help us to complete the recycling circle.

Please do not hesitate to give me a call if you are need of more information.

Pippa Couvillion,
Environmental Services Manager.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message