Proposed Zoning Change Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Proposed Zoning Change « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

DS
Username: Dsmith

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 09:35 am:   

I live right off of Main and 423 in western Frisco. For the last several evenings on my commute home, I have seen a "proposed zoning change" sign when I am traveling north on 423. The sign is on the right hand side of the road (east side), just south of the shopping complex that houses Albertsons, Wendy's and Sonic. I believe the closest street is Newman Road, the one that runs behind Albertsons.

Can you give me any info on the proposed changes? Is it to add retail facilities?

(Message edited by admin on March 16, 2006)

Jeff Pergola
Username: Jeff_pergola

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   

I've seen a similar sign on Red Cedar and Kings Ridge Road? Can you provide some information as to this zoning change as well, since this is in a residential area.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 215
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   

Jeff,

The sign that you are referring to is to rezone the property from multifamily to single family residential. This is being done to reflect how the land was actually developed which was a single family subdivision.

Scott Ingalls
Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Post Number: 219
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 05:40 pm:   

DS,

The sign that you see is for an approximately 950 acre development called Philips Creek Ranch. This development extends southward from the sign that you have seen to the south side of Lebanon Road along F.M. 423. This request is under staff review at this time and will be going to the Planning & Zoning Commission in April or May.

Scott Ingalls

Emma Chen
Username: Mchen

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   

Hi,

i noticed a "Proposed zoning change" sign over Hickory street and Preston Road, NE corner.

Can you please give me any info on proposed changes?

thank you very much

Post Number: 224
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 11:31 am:   

Emma,

The zoning sign that you see is for a multifamily to single family rezoning that is occuring east of Preston Road on the south side of Hickory Street. The property has developed for a single family subdivision and the property is being rezoned to reflect its actual development.

Scott Ingalls

Dan Odom
Username: Dano07

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   

Hi,
There is also a Proposed Zoning change on the n/w corner of Main/Dallas Pkwy.

Could you provide the information regarding this change?

Thanks in advance!!

Post Number: 316
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 09:20 am:   

Dan,

A developer has requested a rezoning of approximately 100 acres on this corner from Planned Development-Commercial-1/Office-2/Retail/Industrial to Planned Development-Commercial-1/Office-2. The developer is proposing a project that includes retail, restaurants, hotels, and theaters. This project is being discussed by the applicant and city staff and will be scheduled for a Planning & Zoning Commission public hearing in the near future.

Scott Ingalls

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: