Beaver's Bend Park - Heritage Green Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Beaver's Bend Park - Heritage Green « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Gerard Gallant
Username: Ggallant

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 09:42 pm:   

Looks like great progress is made on the new park - Couple of questions 1) Why is the area behind Verdant Valley drive not being completed at this time - it is on the park plan to nicely incorporate the existing cow pond? 2) The current work, although looking nice, appears to differ fairly significantly from park plan - can you please share an updated plan with us by posting to the Frisco web site. For example, the main entry off Druid Hills Drive looks very different than the plan.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 07:22 pm:   

Gerard,

Thanks for your note regarding the development of the Beavers Bend neighborhood park.

I have asked our Park Planning and Capital Projects Superintendent, Dudley Raymond to help address your questions regarding development components for the park, as Dudley and his staff oversee these projects.

He will be out of the office tomorrow, but will be back on Friday to help address your questions at that time.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
(972) 335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Post Number: 193
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 11:36 am:   

Gerard,

Thanks for your questions on the development of Beavers Bend Park.

In reference to the cow pond, this construction element was removed from this portion of the project due to timing. The US Corps of Engineers has determined that it is “jurisdictional waters” and therefore the plans require their approval, which can be quite lengthy. We did not want the entire project to be put on hold so we broke it out separately.

Once we have further information from the Corps of Engineers regarding this, we will move forward accordingly.

Master Planning a park is the first planning exercise to try and determine what program elements are needed in a park and the general location.

Once a topographical survey is completed, the engineering and planning process is studied in depth and things will typically adjust slightly. I feel that the vision and intent of the master plan is being met. Having said that, the entrance from the park has changed quite a bit from the master plan. This is due to the requirement that the sidewalks connecting the street to the park must meet ADA slope requirements. We were required to cut the slope and take out quite a bit of more existing concrete and grade more than we would have liked to.

Meeting this requirement required trees to be removed and at that point we needed to provide a new entrance into the park.

I hope that this has helped to address your questions. If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thanks,

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent
(972) 335-5517
draymond@friscotexas.gov

bridgett forge
Username: Bridgett

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 03:13 pm:   

The previous email stated that the park master plan was slightly re-vised. Will there be a new pdf file created displaying the new plan. In addition, will the park entrance form Legacy include a nice park sign, trees, and lighting?

Post Number: 195
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 04:42 pm:   

Bridgett,

In regard to your question about whether we would be revising the pdf file for the park, I would tell you that at this time, we do not have plans to change or alter the current park master plan.

The changes involved in this project were minor and do not warrant the cost of a new illustrative plan being drawn.

In regard to the park sign , there will be a sign located on Legacy and lighting associated with the parking lot. Landscaping will also be incorporated along the Legacy Drive portion of the project as well.

Should you have any additional questions regarding the park, please feel free to contact me at 972-335-5517 or at my email address found below.

Thanks again for your interest.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent
972-335-5517
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Kristin
Username: Kristin

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 07:54 pm:   

How is the construction going? Is there a timeline before we see a playground, etc... thanks!

Post Number: 211
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 09:37 am:   

Kristin,

Beavers Bend Park is moving along on schedule and it appears that final walk thrus will be takikng place in early July.

As far as current progress on facilities, the pavilion is being erected and should be completed by mid May. The playground area will start this week and should be completed by the end of May.

The tree planting is about 95% and native grasses for the park are scheduled to be planted after May 15th. Given this planting schedule, establishment of these grasses should come about by July.

Based on the information above, the Park should be operational by July.

Thanks for your interest and please feel free to let us know if you should have any questions.

Gary Scoggins
Parks Project Manager
972-335-5517 ext. 553
gscoggins@friscotexas.gov

Robert Guzak
Username: Rjg

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 03:41 pm:   

Can you tell me if there will be any provisions made for crossing legacy drive (crosswalk, etc) to get to the park from the Cheyenne Crossing sub division? I know many children from that area will be anxious to use the park and that is a very dangerous intersection

Chuck Brown
Username: Csb001

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 09:15 am:   

Could you kindly post a link to the existing master plan for Beavers Bend Park?

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 01:47 pm:   

Mr. Brown,

The link to the master plan for Beavers Bend park can be found by going to http://www.friscotexas.gov/uploadedFiles/Departments/Parks_Recreation/Heritage_G reen_Park_MP.pdf

Please let us know if you should have any further questions.

Thanks,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: