Trash and Recycling Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Trash and Recycling « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

steve burns
Username: Sburns

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 10:14 am:   

I stood at my kitchen window this morning and saw the trash truck pick up my recycling cart and dump it in the truck and then drive down a few feet and pick up my trash cart and dump it in the same truck. Is this a new process?

Pippa Couvillion, Environmental Services Manager
Username: Pippa

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 11:09 am:   

am so thankful that we have citizens like you who take the time to let us know about our services. A lady called prior to your email saying she had witnessed the same occurrence. This is absolutely not the citys policy or CWDs (our service provider) A route supervisor has been dispatched to investigate and the driver has been ordered to stop immediately. It would appear that he/she made this unauthorized decision and as a result he/she will be the one who is severely reprimanded this is just cause for termination. Again my sincere thanks for alerting us to this problem, please be assured that your recycling efforts are making a difference. We have collected and recycled 10, 059 tons last year. Not only did we save valuable resources we also saved on landfill costs, approximately $300,563. (Note, this does not include cost for providing service)

Thanks again for keeping us informed.

Pippa Couvillion,

Environmental Services Manager.

972-335-5519 ext 125.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: