Cutting Corners -- Legal? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Legacy/Warren and Legacy/Lakehill » Cutting Corners -- Legal? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Dove Hunting in Frisco?Todd Renshaw, Chief 02-13-06  09:54 am
  Start New Thread        

Rich
Username: Woof

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 09:54 pm:   

Is it legal to cut corners to avoid traffic? For example, there are a LOT of cars that cut through the CVS and Chase driveways at Legacy and Lebanon. The intent is to avoid the heavy southbound-to-Legacy traffic at that intersection, since cars are not allowed to turn right on red.

I have never done this, but I was wondering whether it was legal. The same question also applies to cutting through gas stations.

One somewhat-related question: Despite the two posted no-right-turn signs at that intersection, many drivers either miss or ignore the signs. I have been honked at several times because I heeded the sign. What can we do about this?

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 268
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 08:35 am:   

It is a violation to cut across a parking lot to avoid a traffic control device. We have received several complaints about both of these issues and officers have been in the area citing violators.

Rich
Username: Woof

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 05:48 pm:   

Thank you for the info about cutting across parking lots.

Do you have any suggestions about impatient people honking at drivers who heed the no-right-turn signs on Legacy and Lebanon? I usually just flail my arms around, but it's not very effective.

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 09:50 am:   

Other than pointing to the sign, no I dont.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: