El Dorado/Custer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » El Dorado/Custer « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jenny Kovata
Username: Jkovata

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 11:09 am:   

I noticed that there has been some survey work going on on the N/W corner of El Dorado and Custer. The farm near that corner is also being surveyed with the trees being marked for cutting. Can you tell me if that land has been sold to developers? If so, will there be a new housing development or is it commercial use?

J&P

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 207
Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 08:58 am:   

Jenny,

The property has been purchased by a developer who intends to build a residential subdivision. The trees are being marked as part of a required tree survey to determine what types of trees are present on the site and which ones may be protected and what type of new plantings may be required.

The property is currently being annexed by the City and will then go through a rezoning process to establish the appropriate zoning for the subdivision. Please feel free to contact me by email or at 972.335.5580, ext. 157 if you should have any additional questions.

Scott Ingalls
Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Susan Newhall
Username: Slvrldysn

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 11:02 pm:   

If that land is going to be developed, then what are the plans for having a light installed at the intersection of Custer & El Dorado?

Thanks

Jenny Kovata

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 02:03 pm:   

Thank you for your response, Scott. I would hate to see all those pecan trees cut down. Can you tell me what is the city's position on cutting down mature trees. What ordinance is in place to protect such mature trees?

I see where there is a sign showing that Hibernia Bank will be building at the corner of Custer/ElDorado. Is there any other business going in in that area?

Thank you.

Jenny

f8hngm
Username: F8hngm

Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   

Will Custer between 380 down to Stonebridge Road be widening?

Frank Jaromin, City Engineer
Username: Frank_jaromin

Post Number: 179
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 01:40 pm:   

Yes, it is a City of Mckinney project. If you have any questions Jack Carr with the City of McKinney.

Jenny Kovata

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 11:55 am:   

I understand that there is a public hearing about this property next Tue. I can't seem to find out any particulars about the housing development that is proposed (other than size of lots). Can you give me any information aoub the proposed zoning request. Additionally, there is a rumor that it might be partially be subsidized housing. Any word on that?

Thank you for your prompt response

Post Number: 234
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 09:08 am:   

Jenny,

The City has a provision in the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance that addresses tree protection. That is used to encourage developers to maintain mature tree stands when a site is developed. The City can not prevent a developer from cutting down trees but we do insure that if full size trees are removed that they have to be replaced at a ratio of at least 2 or 3 to 1.

The rezoning is for a single family residential development. It does have a mixture of lots that are comparable in size to those in adjacent subdivisions. There is no truth to the rumor about these houses being subsidized housing. These houses will be owner occupied.

Scott Ingalls

Post Number: 237
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 04:36 pm:   

Susan,

Our Traffic Engineers have reviewed this intersection as part of the Custer Road widening project. It does merit a traffic signal and plans are being made a temporary signal during the road construction and with a final signal installed after the road widening. I do not have any time frame for you on this as the road widening project is a City of McKinney project.

Scott Ingalls

Post Number: 238
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 04:40 pm:   

Jenny,

There will be a number of different businesses at this center as the preliminary site plan shows a number of buildings some with the ability to have separate businesses. City staff does not track individual businesses that go into shopping centers. We have no knowledge of building occupants until a building permit is requested.

Scott Ingalls

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: