Red Lights - Eldorado/DNT and Legacy/DNT Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Red Lights - Eldorado/DNT and Legacy/DNT « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Brian C
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 151
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 11:57 am:   

I'm not sure if it is traffic patters due to school starting or if the timing has changed.

There have been many questions on here about the light timings.

Can someone please, please look at the timings of the signals. No matter what time of day, there is a backup on Eldorado EB and Legacy EB. I do not see any backup on the other 3 directions. I'm more than willing to give exact times if that is needed but it happens all of the time. Both EB roads have serious turning lane issues. They are not long enough and block the non-turn lanes of traffic. This is an issue the city needs to address immediately.

Ryan Kowieski
Username: Ryan2012

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 07:24 pm:   

I agree with the previous poster. I was also told 6 months ago by a city official on this board that a 2nd right turn lane from EB Eldorado onto the DNT would be added over the summer. Can we get an update on this? I'm not sure any amount of timing modifications can fix this serious design issue. There is too high a traffic volume to just have one right-turn lane, and there are constant near-misses as drivers attempt to weave in front of other cars to turn right at the last minute, or worse yet, turn right from a middle lane.

Joel Fitts, Senior Traffic Engineer
Username: Joel_fitts

Post Number: 134
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 08:47 am:   

Ryan,

Earlier in the year we had planned to start the construction of paving improvements at the intersection of Eldorado & DNT sometime during the summer (the second turn lane would not have been operational until several months later). That project has taken longer than we anticipated because we are still waiting for approval from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Eldorado Parkway west of the DNT is a State road and therefore our plans need to be reviewed and approved by TxDOT. We are still in the middle of that process and hope to start construction in January. Once construction starts, it should take four months to complete the paving and traffic signal improvements that will allow a second right-turn lane from eastbound Eldorado to southbound Dallas Parkway.

Joel Fitts
Senior Traffic Engineer

Mira
Username: Josefina3

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 11:04 pm:   

Are there plans to add an additional lane on the DNT northbound service road? During rush hour, traffic gets backed up past the DNT exit ramp to Eldorado.

Post Number: 135
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2012 - 09:13 am:   

Mira,

Yes, the improvement project at the intersection of Eldorado & DNT also includes paving a third lane on the northbound frontage road between the exit ramp and the intersection.

Joel Fitts
Senior Traffic Engineer

Ryan Kowieski
Username: Ryan2012

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, May 03, 2013 - 07:02 pm:   

Joel,
Do you have any update on an additional right turn lane at Eldorado and south-bound DNT? It looks like some kind of work is going on, but the traffic situation during rush hour (and sometimes outside of rush hour) continues to deteriorate and near misses are common.

Post Number: 143
Posted on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 04:36 pm:   

Ryan,

The project is underway to improve the traffic signal and build the third lane on the southbound frontage road, which will allow us to provide two right-turn lanes from eastbound Eldorado. We expect the lane to be built in about a month.

Joel Fitts
Senior Traffic Engineer

Nancy Ferguson
Username: Nfstltx

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 05:38 pm:   

Any updates on the improvement to the traffic signal and two right turn lanes at Eldorado and the Tollway? Looks as if things are ready to go but has looked that way for a while

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: