Tennis Center in Frisco Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Tennis Center in Frisco « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jonathan Rozmarynowycz
Username: Jonathanroz

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 08:00 pm:   

Are there any plans to add a Tennis Center in Frisco. There are some very succesfull centers in Plano and Carrolton but there are not many options in Frisco, especially for adult classes and leagues.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 465
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 12:01 pm:   

Jonathan,

Thanks for your note regarding a possible tennis center facility for Frisco.

While I know that there is an interest in such a facility, I am not aware of any imminent plans to develop such a facility.

As we continue to grow, I can see where this might take place and would encourage you to stay in touch with us to see what efforts might be taking place.

Feel free to contact me or Dudley Raymond, who is our Parks Planning and Business Development Manager (972.292.6502 or draymond@friscotexas.gov)for updates.

Thanks again for taking the time to write and let me know if you should have any further questions.

Regards,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Brian C
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 153
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 11:14 am:   

Why is there a differenct answer depending on who is asked.. is it a secret? Is there no plans for a tennis center even though that was in the top 10 of the Parks and Rec survey that residents wanted?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 466
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 03:24 pm:   

Mr. Cumberledge,

Thanks for your note. I am not aware of any different answer that we have indicated for a possible tennis center in the city.

As I had indicated above, I know that there is an interest in such a facility and do believe that such a facility might take place at some point in the future, but I am not aware of any imminent plans to develop such a facility at this time.

That would include funding that has been identified for such a purpose. I could see such a project being considered as a future bond project. The needs assessment surveys that help us to identify projects such as this will be helpful to recommend for future funding opportunities.

Until such time as funding for a tennis center is identified, we will continue to see where additional courts can be added onto locations such as Warren Sports Complex and other community parks that we have in place.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks again for your note.

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: