Post Number: 1
|Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 11:35 am: |
We are looking to buy a house in Village Lakes Phase 3. Here's a map of the surrounding area -
1. What's being built in the vacant area right behind the lots? The builder told us that the city is going to build a water overflow structure, plant some trees and grass. Is it true? If so, who is going to maintain it?
2. Is River Trail (highlighted in the image above) a dead end street or will the road be extended in the future?
3. We are planning to buy a lot on Caruth Lane (the last row). What's planned in the area right behind it?
4. What's being built in the area next to the Church? We just don't want our house to back up into a Walmart or something.
5. I've read somewhere that the area near the fire station used to be a jetport. Are there any plans to construct one again?
Thank you very much.
Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Post Number: 201
|Posted on Friday, August 10, 2012 - 03:36 pm: |
1.The area you are referencing is a water feature that is being constructed. It is not currently a City project, but will be turned over to the City upon completion and the City will take on maintenance responsibilities.
2. River Trail will be extended with future development to the north.
3. The area directly behind the lots on Caruth is shown as open space on the zoning exhibit for PD-199. Beyond the open space area, the property is zoned for Townhomes.
4. The zoning for the property behind the church is for Townhomes. No development plans have been submitted, though.
5. The area near the fire station used to be a jetport. On the aerial map that Ravi supplied in his post, you can clearly see where the north/south runway was located parallel to Legacy. The “airport” use has been prohibited per the zoning since 2000. There are no plans to reconstruct the jetport.
Post Number: 1
|Posted on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 08:02 pm: |
I have a couple follow up questions regarding the open space behind Caruth Lane:
1. Who will be maintaining/developing that open space?
2. When will that development start?
The neighborhood is almost completely built out, but large portions of that open space are highly visible from Caruth (in some cases directly adjacent to home sites) and are currently undeveloped. Will the HOA be taking over any of this land, or will the city be maintaining it?