Eldorado Parkway Medians Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Eldorado Parkway Medians « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Brian Sadofsky
Username: Bsadofsk

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 02:10 pm:   

Some of my neighbors and I in the Dominion at Panther Creek Subdivision have been discussing the state of the wide road medians in front of the subdivision along Eldorado, just east of Preston.

These medians are real eye soars, containing only dirt, weeds, and garbage. Is there any plans in the near future to put grass and/or landscaping on them? (They're disturbing for us to look at on a daily basis and are commented on my visitors.)

Dan Franke, Civil Engineer
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 07:12 am:   

The North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) ran a water main under those medians and will be responsible for establishing grass once construction is done. Their contactor will be working on cleaning those medians and establishing grass over the next couple of months.

Dan Franke, P.E.
Public Works Engineer
972-335-5520-124

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 03:13 pm:   

Are there any updates on medians? They were cleared of debris recently, however, no grass and/or landscaping has been added by the NTMWD. Is there a new ETA on this.

In addition, can you please tell me what the purpose is of a large pole with what appear to be horns at the top, that is standing in one of the cleared medians in fron of the Dominion of Panther Creek Main entrance? Some kind of emergency alert system/

Thx.

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 233
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 11:22 am:   

North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) informed me today that the contractor( S.J. Lewis) that will be seeding and watering the median East of Preston will be finished in the next few weeks. They informed me that the contractor was in the median from about 100 yards East of the Preston and Eldorado Intersection(right after the bridges at the creek) eastwardly. This will be the area they will clean up and seed.

Dan Franke, P.E.
Public Works Engineer
Public Works Department
City of Frisco, Tx.
(972)335-5520 OFC.#
(972)335-5524 FAX #
dfranke@friscotexas.gov

The pole you referenced is indeed an emergency siren typically activated for tornado or other weather emergencies.

Curt Balogh

(Message edited by admin on January 31, 2006)

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 09:39 am:   

Beyond the 100 yards of seeding/watering hopefully will be taken care of soon, there are still the very wide and long dirt and garbage filled medians on Eldorado between the two Dominion at Panther Creek Entrances I initially asked about. How soon will grass and/or landscaping be planted there? They are a real eye soar and the issue can only be resolved by the City, per our HOA. Please help!

Olin Schiffman
Username: Oschiffman

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 10:27 am:   

Our contractor recently completed the installation of the water transmission pipeline and is in the process of filling, testing, and disinfecting it. Barring any problems this process usually takes about four weeks. Seeding of the route is usually the last task on a project in case the pipeline has to be exposed for repairs. Seeding is a part of the contract for the pipeline and will be completed prior to final payment.

Olin Schiffman
North Texas Municipal Water District

carl monroe
Username: Ctm877

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 04:22 pm:   

Based on the above responses, am I correct in assuming that no landscaping will be done on any of these medians (just seeding)? If so, that is a real shame given the potential for the area and the value of the homes nearby.

Board Administrator

Post Number: 249
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 09:27 am:   

Carl,

Our Median Development Division was created in 2002 as part of the Parks Department. Each year funds are allocated to make median improvements to existing medians on approximately three miles of medians. These improvements include irrigation, trees, and turf establishment. The Parks Department, together with our Engineering Department, determines a priority list for each budget year. The priority list is determined by several factors including the age of the medians, amount of traffic, and future construction issues (utility installations, turn lane construction, etc.).

The El Dorado medians you referred to are not on the FY05-06 priority list. However, they will be among several considered for the FY06-07 budget year.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me directly (bjohnson@friscotexas.gov).

Sincerely,
Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-335-5517

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 02:56 pm:   

Can you please tell me when the FY06-07 budget year priority list will be finalized? I do hope these medians will get the attention they so desperately needs this FY. Thanks.

Board Administrator

Post Number: 271
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 01:43 pm:   

Brian,

We recently met with the Engineering Department and although we have not finalized our entire priority list, we have already determined that the Eldorado medians from Preston Road to Hillcrest Road will be on the FY06-07 priority list. That work will be scheduled for sometime after September 30.

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-335-5517
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Jennifer Wade
Username: Jenni

Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 08:32 am:   

What about the medians on Eldorado from Custer to Hillcrest? The Eldorado medians on the east side of Custer (in Stonebridge Ranch) look really nice. Once you cross Custer to the west side, the really nice ambiance is gone.

Board Administrator

Post Number: 274
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 04:02 pm:   

Jennifer,

There are only three completed medians west of Custer on Eldorado to Hillcrest. These are immediately west of Custer. The remaining stretch of road to Hillcrest is not a divided road. However, we have included the first three I referred to on our FY07 list. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-335-5517
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 11:54 am:   

As September 30 has passed, I wanted to follow up to see if a specific time has been set for work to begin on these Eldorado medians (between Preston and Hillcrest)which have been prioritized for FY06-07?

Board Administrator

Post Number: 319
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 02:28 pm:   

Brian,

We will be starting the irrigation installation sometime in November, with trees being planted after completion. We are tentatively planning on laying sod in early spring, but this could be delayed if the drought conditions donít improve and water usage is further restricted.

Also, the Engineering Department has informed me that there will be some grade issues at Preston and Eldorado when TxDOT widens Preston Road and they have advised us to start east of the bridge instead of Preston.

Please feel free to contact me directly anytime regarding the status of this project.

Sincerely,
Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-335-5517
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 03:37 pm:   

It looks as though irrigation was installed a few weeks ago, however, no trees have been planted. Do you have an ETA.

Also, will street lights alos be installed on these medians? Eldorado is very wide and very dark at present.

Board Administrator

Post Number: 342
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 01:47 pm:   

Brian,

The work you mentioned was actually done by our Public Works Department and is not the irrigation installation work. We had hoped to start the installation by the end of November but due to some of our holiday tree lighting projects we are a little behind schedule. We hope to start the installation by the end of this month or early January. We have all of our trees ordered and will be planting as soon as the irrigation installation is complete.

Our Engineering Department oversees our median lighting projects. You can contact Matt Richardson (mrichardson@friscotexas.gov)or (972-292-5436) in that department and he should be able to provide you with a timeline for the lighting.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have future concerns or questions regarding any parks or median projects.

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-335-5517
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Matt Richardson, EIT
Username: Matt_richardson

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 02:19 pm:   

Although not currently funded, it is anticipated that Eldorado Parkway will be widened to four lanes between Hillcrest and Custer within the next several years. Street light installation for the entire corridor (Preston - Custer) would likely occur as part of that project or shortly after it is completed. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Matt Richardson, EIT
City of Frisco Engineering Services
mrichardson@friscotexas.gov
(972) 292-5436

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:37 am:   

It's been two months since my last inquiry. Just checking in to see what the current ETA is for having trees and grass planted?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 276
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 11:09 am:   

Brian,

You have probably noticed that the irrigation installation is complete, with the exception of the longest median. The water source to these medians will come from a four inch meter that requires a vault, and the four inch main line will be run to the long median.

Our Water Department sub-contracts meter sets larger than two inches. We are just waiting for the sub-contractor to complete the meter set. I am hoping that work will occur in the next couple of weeks. We will complete the irrigation installation and plant the trees at that time.

I had mentioned in a previous post that drought conditions would determine whether or not we would be able to lay the sod in early spring.

Thankfully the recent rains have raised the water levels at Lake Lavon to a point where stage 4 water restrictions will probably be avoided and we can get the sod in also.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Todd Mundorff
Username: Tmundorff

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 01:25 pm:   

Bob,

Its been five weeks since the previous post on the Eldorado medians with no measureable or visible progress this year. Can you provide an update as to when these medians will have grass and trees?

Post Number: 283
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 05:47 pm:   

Todd,

Thanks for your note regarding the current status of the Eldorado medians. We are still waiting on the meter sets that will furnish water to the medians.

We are hoping to have them in place no later than the end of next week. At that time we will complete the irrigation installation and plant the trees.

We will install the sod in late April or May when weather conditions are more favorable for growing turf.

Please feel free to contact me directly any time for an update.

Regards,

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Simon Martin
Username: Atoalum

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 04:21 pm:   

Rick,

Are the meter sets in place. What is the updated schedule for the medians?

Post Number: 290
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 01:50 pm:   

Simon,

Thanks for your note.

The meter sets are finally in place and we have started to install the remainder of the irrigation components. With good weather, we should have the installation and the final leveling work completed by the end of this week or early next week.

We will begin planting the trees immediately after that.

Regards,

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Simon Martin
Username: Atoalum

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 01:42 pm:   

Rick,
I haven't seen anything new being done. Do you have any updates?

Post Number: 293
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 07:31 am:   

Simon,

I have forwarded your message onto Bobby Johnson for his review and response. I anticipate that I will be posting his response later today.

Thanks,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Post Number: 295
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   

Simon,

Iím not really sure what area you are referring to. Our Median Development crew has been working on these medians the past several weeks.

To date, they have completed the irrigation installation and have already started planting trees.

You may be referring to the median just west of the bridge going toward Preston Road. As I discussed in a previous post, this section is not included in this project because there will be a grade transition when the widening of Preston Road takes place.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have additional questions or need further clarification.

Regards,

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 09:58 am:   

The new trees are looking good. Can you provide the latest info on when the grass is expected to be laid? Thanks.

Board Administrator

Post Number: 387
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 10:36 am:   

Brian,

Weather permitting, we hope to have these medians completely finished, included the sod, by the end of May.

Regards,
Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 03:39 pm:   

Grass going to be laid in the next few days as planned? I'd imagine a good time to do so with all the rain.

Board Administrator

Post Number: 400
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 01:29 pm:   

Brian,

The problem we are having is getting the grass. We will be using the large four foot rolls on the medians, and the vendor who we have contracted with has been unable to get into their fields to harvest the sod due to the rains we have had on a weekly basis. Things have further been compounded due to the fact that the company who supplies our computerized irrigation controllers has backordered the controllers for the Eldorado medians.

We have one other set of medians on Teel Road to sod on the west side of town. While our original plan was to do Eldorado first, we have moved the Teel job ahead of Eldorado due to the controller situation. When it dries out enough for us to get the sod we will proceed on Teel. If the controllers have not arrived by the time we finish, we will go ahead and sod the Eldorado medians even though it will require the irrigation zones to be turned on manually twice a day until it is rooted. We are certainly in hopes the controllers will arrive by then.

I apologize for the delays but I am also reluctant to complain about the rains we have been getting after the drought we experienced last year. Please feel free to contact me directly for updates or additional questions.

Regards,

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Brian Sadofsky

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 05:00 pm:   

It looks as though all the tree plantings and much of the grass laying has been completed. When is the ETA for the reaminder of grass tobe laid? Also, fyi, on the western most median where grass was laid, some large sports were missed just west of this median close to the bridge.

Board Administrator

Post Number: 429
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:31 am:   

Brian,

We were finally able to resume laying the remaining sod this morning. Several sod farms were flooded during the recent rains, including the farm where we purchase our sod. Today is the first day they were able to deliver to us since June. If the rains hold off we hope to have Eldorado completed this week. As indicated in a previous post, no improvements will be made on the median west of the bridge until Preston Road is widened. This is due to the necessary grade transition when that construction takes place.

Regards,

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks

972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: