Newman Park Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Newman Park « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Nit
Username: Nit007

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 10:39 pm:   

Can u please give us an update on the Newman park.

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 03:33 pm:   

The consultants are preparing the construction drawings and the project should bid late this year. Construction should be completed by the end of the summer next year.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent

David Beard
Username: Dbeard95

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:31 am:   

What's the latest timetable on Newman Park?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 194
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   

David,

Thanks for your note regarding the timetable for development to J.R. Newman Neighborhood Park.

The park consultant completed construction plans in January of this year and the project was publicly bid after that time. The City Council approved the bid last month and approved the contract for the construction at last night's City Council meeting.

Based on this, a notice to proceed will be given to the contractor and mobilization should begin within the next two (2) weeks. Once construction begins, there will be a period of approximately 6-8 months for the project to be completed. That would place the opening of the park this upcoming fall.

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thanks,

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent
972-335-5517
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Charlie
Username: Clbish

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 02:41 pm:   

I noticed they were taking down the fence. Does that mean the goats are gone?

Post Number: 206
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 05:02 pm:   

Charlie,

Thanks for your note regarding the property adjacent to the J.R. Newman neighborhood park.

While the City is currently in the process of acquiring this property, that transaction has not yet taken place. I would imagine that any activity at the homestead is being done by the current property owners prior to sale of the property.

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

S. Marshall
Username: Marshallsr

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 07:52 pm:   

Rick,

What's the current status of the property adjacent to the J.R. Newman park?

(Message edited by admin on March 15, 2007)

Post Number: 284
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 02:26 pm:   

Mr. Marshall,

Thanks for your note regarding the latest status of J.R. Newman Park and Mr. Newman's homestead that lies adjacent to the park.

Last year, we were successful in purchasing the homestead property and will ultimately incorporate it into the park.

We have gone through the process of bidding the removal of the home and surrounding facilities from the site.

Last month, we went to the City Council and they approved a contract with a contractor to remove these items from the property.

Based on our communication with the contractor, it appears that he is set to begin work within the next week to ten days.

Once that work has begun, I anticipate that there will be a period of about 2-3 weeks to remove all of the elements and conclude their work.

Should you have any additional questinos regarding this, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Rick Wieland
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Scissorhands
Username: Scissorhands

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 01:03 pm:   

Any possibility for using the plumbing that is already there to put a bathroom for the park? Parents would really appreciate it if there is a bathroom for their children to use...

Post Number: 285
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 08:27 am:   

Scissorhands,

Thanks for the note regarding the possibility of constructing a restroom facility at the JR Newman park site.

While I will certainly pass along your suggestion to the Parks and Recreation Board, I can tell you that we do not typically construct restrooms at our neighborhood parks. One primary reason is the cost that is associated with the construction of such a facility. In terms of the construction budget for the park, this element would have accounted for almost a third of the total construction cost, which would have required reducing many of the elements that are currently present at the park.

Another reason that we typically don't place a restroom facility at our neighborhood parks is because most the use for such a park is through residents that live close to the site, thereby reducing the need for such a facilty.

While we do not have funding presently available for this addition to the park, I will pass this onto the Parks and Recreation Board for their consideration.

Please let me know if you should have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Rick Wieland
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: