Water Restrictions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Water Restrictions « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Sprinklers at water towerCurt Balogh, Spec. A03-24-06  10:12 am
  Start New Thread        

kevin.phelan@gmail.com
Username: Feelan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 04:07 pm:   

I have no problem with the water restrictions, but why is it that everyday as I drive down Preston at 6:45 there are multiple businesses with their sprinklers going, with some of them spraying straight into the street? Is anyone enforcing these watering restrictions?

Jody Purvis
Username: Jody_purvis

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 08:22 pm:   

Mr. Phelan,
Thank you very much for your concern. Stonebriar Centre and Frisco Bridges along Preston Road are on reuse water. They are not using City water for their irrigation, so they do not have to comply with the watering times. If there are broken sprinklers or sprinklers spraying the streets, then this is something that needs to be addressed with the management company and corrected ASAP. I am the main contact for issues concerning the enforcement of watering restrictions. If you see a business not in compliance with the watering times or other issues, you may contact me via phone or email and I will contact the company and see that the issue is resolved. Several times during the 5 AM - 8 AM time frame we have sent out a fleet of Public Works employees to hang door reminders at residences and document any businesses or HOAs that are watering during the restricted times. That list then comes to me and I make the necessary phone calls to the businesses and HOAs. Please feel free to contact me with the specific business locations and names and I will be happy to contact them to make sure they are in compliance with our City Ordinances. Thank you again for your concern.
Sincerely,
Jody Purvis
Water Education Coordinator
972-335-5520 x110
jpurvis@friscotexas.gov

Richard Stagg
Username: Staggr

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 07:32 pm:   

It is 7:30 p.m. Thursday, 7/14 and the lawn springlers are running at Bessie Gunstream Elementary School in the Preston Vineyards North addition. The city has had 2 days to turn these off. Why are they still running?

Richard Stagg
Username: Staggr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 07:34 pm:   

Are churches exempt from the water restrictions? Every morning I go south on Coit around 6:30 and nearly every day the church is running theirs. Also the new shops on the corner of Coit and College are usually running.

(Message edited by amyg on July 18, 2005)

Jody Purvis

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 04:09 pm:   

Mr. Stagg,
Thank you for bringing these locations to our attention. Frisco ISD is a separate entity from the City of Frisco. They are to comply with the watering times, but just as with any business unless we see the violation or are informed by a concerned citizen, such as yourself there is no way for us to know that they are watering during restricted times. In the future you may contact me directly when you see a violation occurring and I will contact the location directly and have them adjust their irrigation system.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Jody Purvis
972-335-5520 x110
jpurvis@friscotexas.gov

Jody Purvis

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 04:27 pm:   

Mr. Stagg,
Churches are not exempt from our watering restrictions. I will contact this church and the new shopping area at the corner of Coit and College. Please let me know if this continues to be an issue.
Sincerely,
Jody Purvis
972-335-5520 x110
jpurvis@friscotexas.gov

J. Steve Shirley
Username: Steve_shirley

Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 02:55 pm:   

Kind people:

Do we have any idea when we will be back to
stage 1 restrictions - my landscape is not doing
well with this heat. I understand that reserves must be replenished, but I'd like to water a little more often than Saturday and Tuesday.

Gary Hartwell, Director of Public Works
Username: Gary

Post Number: 119
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 04:10 pm:   

Steve:

Based on our increased water demand and the typical hot and dry summers in Texas, I believe we will remain on Stage 2 for the remainder of the summer. Hopefully, it will rain some and supplement our watering schedule. Thanks. If you have additional questions, please contact my office at 972-335-5520.

Brett Knutson
Username: Brett_k

Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 04:21 pm:   

Isn't there a Stage 2 - Recommended and a Stage 2 - Mandatory? Any chance we'll go back to recommended before Summer's end?

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 07:59 am:   

Brett:

Yes, Stage 2 has two parts; recommended and mandatory. We have reached the trigger for Stage 2 mandatory. With the heat of the summer still ahead of us in August and September, we will probably remain at Stage 2 mandatory for the remainder of the summer. It is possible we could see Stage 3 if conditions continue to get worse. If you have additional questions, you may contact my office at 972-335-5520. Thanks.

Michael Yeo
Username: Mikeyeo

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 06:47 pm:   

Is there any restriction on hand watering flower beds? I mean either watering with a hose or using tree gator (http://www.treegator.com/index.shtml)
I have heard that hand watering is ok. Is this true?

North Texas
Username: Ntex

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 12:33 am:   

Mr. Hartwell,
On what days do HOA common area's fall into on Stage II mandatory restrictions? I have seen the Kings Garden common area's (currently under D.R. Horton mgmt) being watered on a daily basis.

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 01:47 pm:   

North Texas:

All non-residential customers have Monday and Thursday as outdoor watering days including common areas. If you have additional questions, you may contact my office at 972-335-5520.

Chris Wood
Username: Sailagain

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 04:49 pm:   

How does Frisco's current state of watering restrictions compare with other cities in the local area? Is everyone under these conditions/restrictions?

It sounds like some of the city official responses to these posts - "typical hot and dry summers"...etc... that the govt leaders are indicating these may be the "norm" year after year?? What is being done to prepare water supplies for the population boom Frisco is going through?

Post Number: 122
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 09:44 am:   

Chris:

It is difficult to compare cities. Each city has different growth rates, a completely separate water system, and different schedules for water system expansion. The issue is about using water wisely and not wasting a valuable limited natural resource. We are expanding our water system as fast as construction permits. However, due to pressure, volume, and water quality problems, you can only build your water system a limited capacity in front of your actual population. Currently, we are under construction to double the capacity of our elevated storage and almost double the capacity of our ground storage and pumping capacity. Even with these improvements, we will continue to promote water conservation.

DMWDALTX
Username: Dmwdaltx

Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 09:23 pm:   

Hello -

I understand that the trigger for stage II restictions are at 30 millions gallons of water usage for a given number of days. I wanted to ask, 1) why is 30 million gallons the trigger and 2)how often is this 30 million gallon figure evaluated?

Thanks.

Post Number: 123
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 07:14 am:   

DMWDALTX:

The triggers will change every year because they are based on a peak factor. We compute the winter average daily flow from the previous January, February and March of each year. Our average for last winter was 10 million gallons per day (mgd). We reach Stage 1 at a factor of 2.5 or 25 mgd, Stage 2 with a factor of 3.0 (30 mgd)and Stage 3 with a factor of 3.5 (35 mgd). We are close to reaching the Stage 3 trigger, but I hope we can achieve a reduction in usage with Stage 2 requirements. If you have additional questions, you can contact my office at 972-335-5520.

(Message edited by admin on August 01, 2005)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: